The chamber welcomes and encourages its members to actively participate in various activities of the organization. A good way to get involved is to volunteer for committee work. Descriptions of many committees are below: call the office 570-296-8700 and volunteer some time.
Business Education Committee
Purpose: Comprised of experts in both business and education, this committee sponsors workshops and seminars on a wide range of topics to assist the Pike County business community.
Activities: In support of business, the Business Education Committee coordinates workshops and seminars relevant to businesses in Pike County.
1. Create an annual plan for upcoming educational events to allow for proper planning and marketing.
2. Research and identify appropriate topics and educational delivery models for educational programs.
3. Research ways to connect businesses to the youth in the local area.
Marketing & Events
Purpose: To enhance the image of the Chamber through branding and events. This committee will work with all other PCCC committees pertaining to advertising, marketing, calendar of events, & other chamber related activities at scheduled Marketing committee meetings.
Activities: Annual Chamber Signature Event. Helping to plan and implement the annual Community Awards Banquet and other events including the Christmas tree lighting at the Milford Community House. Also, develop a marketing plan for the Chamber and consults on all of the promotional efforts for the Chamber
1. Monitor, enhance and manage the marketing of the Chamber and all of its facets
2. Advise on the marketing and promotion of all Chamber committees and their events
3. Enhance website to maximize awareness of the Pike area
4. Plan and execute annual events and partner with groups and organizations to maximize exposure for the Chamber
Purpose: Plan all events for the Chamber.
Activities: Annual Banquet Chamber Gala or Signature Event. Discuss upcoming card exchanges and create interactive networking games to be played and ideas to improve the value of the events for members. Helping to plan and implement the annual Community Awards Banquet, where each year, we come together to celebrate and honor individuals for their ongoing contributions to our local community. The Chamber produces a color brochure describing the contributions of each honoree, distributed by local newspaper.