Advice to Small Business in Tough Times
"Third Thursday Breakfast Series"
Starts promptly at 7:30 AM - OUT by 8:45 -- with a good breakfast!
At The Inn at Hunts Landing $15.00 Chamber member, $20.00 Non Chamber member
The University of Scranton’s Small Business Development Center deals with counseling Small Businesses that are Start-Ups or, Businesses in Trouble or, to those who are growing by leaps and bounds!
The Pike County Chamber of Commerce is proud to present Stephen Ursich who is a Business Consultant at the University of Scranton’s Small Business Development Center. Steve has worked out of our Pike County Chamber of Commerce office on a regular basis for several years. He brings great ideas and sound programs; he answers questions using the knowledge of what other small businesses are doing and what works best in Northeastern Pennsylvania. His insight and experience will provide all attendees with fresh ideas and knowledge of resources and remedies for business problems. BRING YOUR SPECIFIC QUESTIONS! You never know what you might hear!
Discuss the following items:
1. Finance: things like SBA 504 Loans: low interest, quick turnaround, low cash requirements. Other similar financing mechanisms that typically work with local banks.
2. Finding Additional Markets – Internet Based, Consumer and Business-to-Business markets.
3. Business Ratios – very often the heart and soul of understanding profits and costs.
4. Need for Databases of Customers – getting a “lifetime value” from existing customers.
5. Use of Technology – how technology allows small enterprises to compete and prosper!
6. Much, much more that will be raised by your fellow small business owners and managers!!!
*We know that this is actually the 4th Thursday this month; scheduling difficulties – will return to our regular schedule in September!