Save the Dates for Annual Programs at Grey Towers
MILFORD, PA – Mark your calendars now for this season’s significant programs at Grey Towers National Historic Site, Milford, PA.
• Saturday, April 23: 8K Run/Walk from Grey Towers to Milford Beach and back. Proceeds will be used to preserve and protect Gifford Pinchot’s iconic Copper Beech trees on the estate grounds. (www.greytowers.org) or 570-296-9625 for info or to sign up.
• Saturday, May 7: Gifford Pinchot and Fly Fishing. A lecture, films and fly fishing demo will illustrate Pinchot’s enthusiasm for the sport and how it helped shape his ideas about conservation. 570-296-9625 to sign up or email@example.com.
• Memorial Day Weekend: Regular tour season starts, every day, on the hour, 11 am to 4 pm;
• Saturday, Aug. 6 and Sunday, Aug. 7: Twelfth Annual Festival of Wood, including wood crafts and demonstrations; exhibits; children’s activities, music and more!
• Thursday, August 11: Fee-free day to commemorate Gifford Pinchot’s 151st birthday;
• Saturday, Sept. 24: Community Appreciation Day and National Public Lands Day – A fee-free day of the mansion, music and a re-creation of Gov. Pinchot’s ice cream social.
The 2016 Calendar of Events, which lists additional programs, including walks, talks, concerts and more, is available at www.greytowers.org or call 570-296-9630 to request a copy. Check the website frequently as new programs are added throughout the season.