GardenFest is Coming in May!
The Penn State Master Gardeners of Pike County are hosting an all-day “GardenFest 2015” gardening symposium on Saturday, May 2, 2015 at the Pike County Training Center, in Lords Valley, PA from 9 a.m. to 3.00 p.m. Be sure to save the date!
Speakers will appeal to both beginning and experienced garden enthusiasts. Vendors will display garden related tools, plants, accessories, and gifts just in time for Mother’s Day. Exciting and inspiring topics include:
· Vincent Cotrone, Penn State Northeast Regional Extension Urban Forester will speak about how gardeners have to learn ways of adapting to the new normal issues of invasive species, drought, extreme heat, and early bud break followed by frost.
· Catherine Bennet and Les Ferguson, Orange County. NY Master Gardeners will demonstrate tools that will save your backs and knees and keep the fun in gardening.
· Susan Dollard, Master Gardener Coordinator of Sullivan County, NY will teach how to garden in a woodland area.
· Ed Knittle and other Carbon County, PA Master gardeners will help you know good bugs from bad ones.
· Jean Kolojejchick and Roseann Nardone, Luzerne County PA, Master Gardeners, will detail how to add garden plants, structures and accessories to express your personality.
· Tom Manza, owner of the Manza Family Farm and Nursery will share what’s new in landscaping materials that are deer resistant, colorful and good for the environment.
· Bonnie Morgan, horticultural professional will share practical ideas that will increase your vegetable yield and save money, too.
The registration fee of $30.00 includes the keynote speaker and choice of breakaway speakers, and vendors. A box lunch will also be available. There is an Early Bird discount of $5, if you register before April 1st. The discounted registration will also be extended to Master Gardeners and Garden Club groups. To register, go to: http://extension.psu.edu/plants/master-gardener/counties/pike/events.
The Penn State Master Gardner Volunteers is an educational outreach program of Penn State Extension. Master Gardeners participate in many programs in Pike County and are available to answer gardening questions at the Extension office or at the Milford Farm Market during the gardening season. For more information about becoming a Master Gardener or other Extension educational programs contact the Extension office at 570-296-3400, or PikeExt@psu.edu or on our Face book pages: www.facebook.com/Pikecountymastergardeners or https://www.facebook.com/pages/Penn-State-Extension-in-Pike-County/149103801824519.
Penn State is committed to affirmative action, equal opportunity, and the diversity of its workforce.
Penn State Extension
514 Broad Street
Milford PA 18337
facebook - Extension: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Penn-State-Extension-in-Pike-County/149103801824519?sk=wall
facebook - 4-H: https://www.facebook.com/PikeCountyPa4H
Calendar blog: http://pikeextensioncalendar.blogspot.com/